Programme | Editorial Leaders, End Module - Leading the Newsroom
Welcome, presentation of participants, expectations
- Getting the context right: The context for leaders in the media industry today: Media integration and digital trends and tendencies. How does it affect your media outlet?
- Leading the newsroom: What is good, daily leadership at mid-management level? What can you personally do to increase the quality of your newsroom management?
- The toolbox of the editorial mid-manager: The creative meeting, developing great ideas, coaching reporters, editing for higher quality and giving learning feedback. Identify one change project relating to the editorial mid-manager’s toolbox that you need to work with
- Running creative editorial meetings: How can you increase the quality and creativity of your daily editorial meetings?
- Systematic development of ideas: Tools to systematically develop great ideas
Summary and key points on day 1.
- Questions and reflections related to day 1
- Continued from yesterday ; Systematic development of ideas: Tools to systematically develop great ideas.
- Coaching of reporters to make them perform better: Learning the techniques of simple coaching and make reporters grow.
- Giving learning feedback to reporters: Focus on positive, learning feedback and reporters will improve.
- Editing for higher journalistic quality: The sub-editor’s tools to improve the text & getting to know the digital editor’s toolbox.
- Refine your change project related to the editorial mid-manager’s toolbox: Create a vision for your change and identify burning platform, change agents and benefits. Present your change project to the class.
Summarizing and key points.