Programme | Engaging Audiences with Data Journalism
● Basic data analysis skills.
● How to create charts, graphs and visualisations.
● Multimedia planning, a new frontier merging big data and video.
● Guidance on how to expand your editorial standards to encompass the use of data.
● How to build a data journalism team.
● Hiring a ‘hacker’ - how to hire and manage technical teams.
● Planning for multi-platform (print, desktop, mobile and social) data journalism projects.
● How to find stories using data sources in Asia.
● How to clean “dirty data”.
● Social strategies to engage audiences with big data projects.
● Case studies from cutting edge data journalism projects around the world and in Asia.