Submission Guidelines | Asian Media Awards 2017
General guidelines for all categories
Registration is only accepted online.
Registrations are open from 01 Dec 2016 to 10 Feb 2017
All materials to be submitted online except for Best in Design (2A, 2B, 2C & 2D)
- The details that you fill in the registration form will be used on winning trophies, press releases and editorial write-up. Please check that you have submitted your company name, newspaper or magazine title/s correctly.
- The competition is open to all newspaper and magazine companies as well as freelance photographers in Asia Pacific, South Asia and the Middle East. All entries submitted must have been published in 2016.
- Unlimited entries can be submitted except for the overall design categories. Payment must accompany each entry.
- Winning entries might be called to present proof of printed publication/s, before announcement of the awards.
- Entries will not be returned to sender.
- An invoice will be generated, which will serve simultaneously as a confirmation of registration.
- Registrations for the Best in Print category must be received before 27 January 2017.
- All registrations, payments and materials must be received by 10 February 2017. There will be no extension granted on the deadline. Any bank charges to be borne by entrant companies. Incomplete payments will disqualify entrants from the competition.
- Follow the outlined entry and submission guidelines carefully to ensure that your entry is accepted. Entries that do not conform to these rules will be disqualified. Participants must accord WAN-IFRA the full rights to retain and use free-of-charge selected images from the contest.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
Best in Print
- Last date for registration is 27 Jan 2017.
- Participants print the copies on all working days for two consecutive weeks - February 6 to 10 and February 13 to 17.
- Participants will have to send the printed copies to Chennai on or before 28 Feb. Please attach the Best in Print entry label on the front cover of the newspaper.
Best in Print (Attn: Anand Srinivasan)
III Floor, SIET Administration Building
54 K B Dasan Road
Chennai, 600 018 / India
- We will evaluate and generate reports. A General Print Quality Evaluation will be done in Frankfurt on all entries.
- Please download the detail instruction and the cuboid
- Results will be ready on 27 March. We will send all reports to participants on 27 March 2017.
Please contact Anand Srinivasan, Research Manager WAN-IFRA for all technical enquiries.
Best in Design
2A. Newspaper Overall Design
2B. Magazine Overall Design
2C. Newspaper Front Page Design
2D. Magazine Cover Design
Submit one original full set copy of newspaper or magazine
Each entry must be accompanied by the Asian Media Awards (AMA) Entry Label, duly filled and clipped on each entry’s material. Please download entry label.
Entries for categories 2A - 2D to be delivered at:
Asian Media Awards 2017
WAN-IFRA Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
25 International Business Park
#04-103F German Centre
Best in Editorial Content & Best in Infographics
3A. Newspaper Breaking News Article
3B. Newspaper Feature Article
4A. Newspaper Infographics
4B. Magazine Infographics
Entries for must be supported with a written submission of up to 400 words explaining in a clear and concise manner the entry’s context and specificity (topic covered, context, challenges, article’s main qualities) The published page carrying the submitted entry should be sent in jpg or pdf format. Each file size should not exceed 5mb. If the file size exceeds this requirement, the judges will not be able to open the file and the entry/s will automatically be disqualified.
Best in Photojournalism
5A. News Photography
5B. Feature Photography
5C. Sports Photography
Images submitted should be saved strictly in jpg format. The resolution should not exceed 300dpi. Each file size should not exceed 5mb. If the file size exceeds this requirement, the judges will not be able to open the file and the entry/s will automatically be disqualified.
Entrants can submit photos in colour or black and white. Entrants can submit strictly 1 photo only per entry.
Optional: entries can be supported with a written submission of up to 400 words explaining the entry’s context and specificity.
Best in Newspaper Marketing & Best in Community Service
Entries should be submitted in a PDF document containing no more than 10 pages with pictures of the materials printed in the newspaper, URLs and screen shots of
the related Web publications and pictures of all related materials (such as flyers, promotional objects, events, mobile content, etc.) Please ensure that digital files are no larger than 5mb.